Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day in America

There are some days in your history you will never forget what you were doing.

Seven years ago  after the horrifying September 11.  Where I still think about the moment it happened I was walking my then little girl to school just a few blocks from our house.  When my husband called and said go back home and take our daughter with you. He said that he was on his way home.  I was very concerned and turned on the television to see it on every channel.  No words can tell you how I felt,  just seeing that brought me to tears.
I was fully aware what this would do to my world, life, my story this would mean things as I knew would change.
You see I am an Army Brat and was now a Military Wife and felt my heart fall down to my toes for all the people who this had touched.  I was angry and sad so many emotions flowing but one that was very strong was to pray.   Yes- pray for all those who had come in harms way and for all the ones who would suffer because of this, and one more for the ones who had caused this.  I know how hard this is to write but everyone needs someone to pray for them, even if they don't know it.   

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The 
Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks