Thursday, February 04, 2010

what do you Think?


16 and Pregnant is an MTV reality series produced by Morgan J. Freeman, and was first broadcast on June 11, 2009. It follows the story of pregnant teenage girls in high school dealing with the hardships of teenage pregnancy. Each season follows a particular set of teenage girls in every episode, with the season usually beginning while the girls are 6-8 months into their pregnancy. The season usually ends when the baby is a few months old. The series is produced in a documentary fojavascript:void(0)rmat, with an animation of an elaborate cartoon depiction on notebook paper of highlights during each episode preceding the commercial breaks. MTV has announced that the second season of the show will premiere on February 16, 2010.

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16_and_Pregnant

Good morning All,

Yesterday I watch this show to see what I had thought about the title and show, was true.

I was right, I did only watch one episode, but became overwhelmed with emotions.

First, I thought that they might have glamourized that becoming a mother at 16 years old, is the norm.


Second, on the upside they are having their babies, which I fully support The Life Choice.

I know people all have conflicting views on pro-life vs pro-choice.

On that note: To have a show solely based on 16 year old girls going through this life changing event, with or without family,
seems sad,tragic,uplifting,informant,unbelievable,truthful. While I don't agree with the tactics this show is opening our eyes to the epidemic of teenage pregnancy , I hope it does succeed to help.

I pray for our teenager girls and all women facing obstacles that they feel are Daunting.

God bless you All.

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks