Sunday, October 14, 2007

faith


A week ago we were watching a show called "Kid Nation" and it was about religion/ faith.
It was so touching I felt tears pouring down, okay probably because I am a female- so all that emotional stuff too. But these 30-40 kids are all from different backgrounds,race, religion, just so diverse. They were told to have a church service, Some of the kids did not want to have a service with other faiths, why you ask? Because that is what they were brought up to believe/think by whom -their parents:Gosh what a job we as Mom's and Dad's have. Towards the end of the show one (1) child about 12 yrs. old gathered everyone together and they stood around a fire and each said their own type of prayer. I was also very surprised because then their reward came which was a choice of (mini golf or religious items) Most of them picked the religious items. Whoo-Hoo...
One Boy touched my heart because he said " Wars have started and still go on over religion." Bravo to him..
This Is how Big our faith is and how deep it goes. Some say church(okay) I say church( YES,YES). I guess as I got older, and now know so many people depend on me- I have my faith to teach them and to celebrate with them. I applause the parents of many of the kids on Kid Nation.

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks