Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Running Mother



How is it possible that Mother's can multi-task, we can cook, clean,watch,take care of open wounds, can set the table, not burn the food, wash clothes, give kisses & hugs,be a judge & jury, we also find time to look pleasing to the eye( okay most of the time).  

I wish I knew how we maintain such coolness and clarity in all the task we do in one day.
I know you are wondering what brought this on.

For weeks I have been trying to get My Guy to do things on the (infamous honey do list) 
Few things have been even touched on it, but his list gets finished. The one he has in his head.
I ask for realistic things like cashing checks on way home, call someone about a bill that is only in his name, fixing the shower leak so the kids can take a bath, hanging some pictures( i'm too short) helping move the bedroom around,helping with just anything.
But at last I took care of the picture hanging, and moving the bedroom around,cashing the checks, schooling our children, arranging dinner with friends, getting our kids to all of their functions ( scouts,dance,piano, zoo volunteer day,birthday parties,sports) I am sure I am missing something.  
In his defense he has done much yard work ( landscaping the side yard), he also was able to knock down 3 (three) walls, and get rid of all the debris, So he is doing much more than I am used to this time last year.
I am just having to get used to me doing so much and keeping cool.
The best part is when he is at wits end with all the kids asking for things or trying to get his attention, while I have only been gone for a max of two hours.  I want to laugh, only because I know how it can get but I have that whole multi-tasking talent which Daddy's do not have, or just don't want to show us women they possess.
I just want to say Thank to My Guy for making me feel like I am needed.

THANK YOU .

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks