Thursday, November 27, 2008

TURKEY DAY


About nine (9) years ago or so, the day before turkey day was something I would have taken back.
You see my brothers were in a very horrible car accident, which put both of them in grave danger.
One was air-lifted to a different hospital than the elder.
My parents were left not to know what was going to happen to the brother who was flown away.
The other took hours to be cleared and still need to be checked out further, but  considering the circumstances they allowed them to leave and drive the two hours to get to the other hospital that the other son (brother) was at, not knowing the outcome.
Might I mention , that I was a 1,000 miles or so away, and not sure if I could see or ever hear their voices and smiles again( for real).  I truly love them and thank God for everyday they are on this Earth with me. At that time I had no idea that my life would be what  it is now.  I guess I can honestly say that things work out in the end or for the better.  Don't get me wrong , I would have liked it not to happened.  But my family is where we are today, because of the events of that one horrible night.  So to you I say I am thankful for the mistakes, falls,trips,wrong turns,the right turns, and bumps in the road which lead to your greatest accomplishments.
Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks