Thursday, March 12, 2009

red ring


About a week ago, we were about to play the Xbox 360 when the dreaded ring of red hit our box.
 We do have the old xbox which still is in great working condition after almost three years.  The 360 only lasted just over a year. I have tried to use xbox's site to fix it.
I have also contacted them as well for help and received the same set of instruction.  Which did not work, It powers on but I have one red line and get an error message.  What to do, really the only reason that we got it was because we could only play some games we became hooked on.  Now I am wishing we would have went with a different gaming system.  Oh, I can't help think that it is a bit of a ploy to get you into buying yet another gaming system.  In the big scheme of things I often wonder how many people have computers,game systems,gps,blackberry or i phone, many more electronics than I could actually think about at this time.  
I am torn because my whole family liked the Xbox 360, But I am not happy at all with the fact that it was more expensive than the first one and lasted about half the time.  
The kicker is they would fix it but I would have to send it to them for at least a six week period or longer.  Better yet I could buy a 30 minute video on the how to fix the red ring. 
 If sounds like I am a bit aggravated  , yes.  I have had other issues with technology  not working for example:
 I pods
 computers
 sound system you had to return after doing all your hook ups.
multiple televisions
I am sure if I wanted this entry to be longer I could rant on and on....

This is my Red Ring story.  Have a great day.


No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks