Saturday, December 13, 2008

Tamales...








Yesterday, we had our Tamale making party, which turned into women getting around and chatting. The mass of children going off with each other, ages ranging from 18 months to 12 years old. Total 12 children and only 4 adults. You  do the math??  But It was a  great party, without actually making the tamales, but we did have some I made and then a mexican feast, the kind which fills you up until you say Nap Time anyone!!  My family and I will soon be leaving this place that I can say I am  better  at everything for having met the families who were here for this special day.  It was also the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, which we had a very nice and interesting women come and speak to us about the picture of our lady of Guadalupe.  She gave us some much information, I am still amazed.    I remember making tamales with my Grandma's, one is in Heaven the other is in a nursing home and can no longer take care of herself. So yesterday was  beautiful to be able to have these women and their families share this holiday tradition. We are truly blessed to have met each of of these women and their wonderful families.

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks