Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I have a thirteen year old now..


It feels like just yesterday I  found out that we were going to be parents.
I remember thinking I was not ready,scared, but I knew god was with me to help guide myself 
and The Guy.
She made me lose about 10 pounds during the first trimester, I was unable to eat, or keep anything down in my stomach.  But in her defense I had no idea how to eat right, for example:
popcorn,chips,pizza for (breakfast) this may sound good but when your bodies  supporting 
another human being.  Eating good is your main concern,and taking care of yourself.
Who knew?  I found out very quickly she would not let me eat anything I wanted.
We measured my belly.
We read all the books.
We took the classes.
We listen to the advice.
We went shopping.
We had the bag packed.
We had the numbers/names of people to call.
We knew the route we would take.
We started exercising, walking and more walking.
Then the day came, she made us wait another 12 hours before she was ready to make her
entrance to the world. 
We walked around for hours prior to her arrival.
Then the moment came, She was here in my arms.
ten fingers,ten toes, two eyes,two ears-- I have to tell you I remember counting and checking everything out. I know silly me. Then she left for a very short time to get all checked out, and then back next to me.  I almost did not want to share her. But sleep kept getting in the way.
She  makes me a better Mom everyday, She wants to share things with me, She amazes me everyday.  I don't want her to grow up, but I can't wait to see what she does in her life.
I love her. 

No comments:

Xerox - Let's Say Thanks